We’ve all been there, as we end another year and look excitedly to one ahead , we reflect a little. How was this past year lived? With disappointment? Achievements? Goals met? Goals made, ?its easy to beat ourselves up on things not accomplished. It’s easy to give up and just say”forget it”. As you look to the new year ahead you May be making some new lists. Maybe career goals , relationship changes, and of course becoming a healthier , happier you which includes dropping a few pounds. You may be thinking as soon as the new year hits I’ll be at the gym , starting keto , and dropping this last 30 lbs I’ve gained … well stop setting your self up for the unattainable. Not to say you may not actually accomplish this but sometimes the dont’s of New Years resolutions is not making them.!
Think about what makes you happy? When do you feel your best? What do You enjoy and what do You want out of Life?
Weight loss is more than a number on a scale. It can consume us. When we dress in the morning and feel horrible about ourselves when we look in the mirror. Maybe your jeans are too tight or the shirt doesn’t quite button up all the way. This can lead to depression, binge eating, setting unrealistic goals of eating salad for the next week ect.
A few easy steps as we approach the new year with our resolution lists:
- Do set realistic goals- start simple. Maybe take the stairs as opposed to the elevator at work to get in a few extra steps and raise that heart rate.
- Do swap out take out for a brown bag lunch a few times a week, you’ll save on $ and feel better about your choice.
- Don’t set out to workout at unrealistic times … do what you can when you can.
- Do cook at home, you’d be surprised how enjoyable it is and you control what’s in your food. There are great apps with no cook recipes and 30 minute meals so no excuses!
- Don’t beat yourself up if you slip up. It’s okay to have a bad day. Just refocus and get back on track.
It’s all about how you want to feel about yourself. Be kind to yourself , love yourself, and treat your body well. It has so much to give when given a little tlc.
All the best for the holidays and the new year to come!
To see if the Jump6 program is right for you call today to find out more.